Monday, August 26, 2024

Inspiration...Plaid Jacket

 How about a plaid jacket for fall/winter?  This is more like a suit jacket.  Here it is:


This is the Button-Down Woven Plaid Jacket by Lafayette 148 New York. Price tag: $1498.00.  Details: plaid woven jacket with woven buttons, crew neck, button front, long sleeves, buttoned chest patch pockets, relaxed fit, wool/cotton/nylon/polyamide, fill - thermal pad.  Model is 5'10".

I am really drawn to this type of jacket.  I love the fabric type.  I am not crazy for this particular colorway but that is why I sew.  I get to pick my own fabric.

If you are looking for a pattern, they are hard to find.  Vogue has a basic pattern of this type but it does not have button up the front.  My suggestion is look for a Claire Shaeffer jacket pattern, if you can find one that is affordable. There is a Freddie Jacket pdf pattern by Bella Loves Patterns on Etsy that looks reasonably close.  I do know know anything about that pattern company but the patterns are more reasonable than the prices I was seeing for the Claire Shaeffer patterns.  Silhouette Patterns has the Janie Jacket which is similar but you might need to add the button area.  

Hope you are inspired to create something beautiful.

Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment