Friday, August 30, 2024

New Fabric...

 The sewjo is slowly coming back and I am starting to prep for winter.  That means I purchasing fabric.  Here is my latest purchases:


This is a stretch suiting in a denim color.  I purchased two yards with the intend of it being a skirt. It is a very nice fabric. Machine wash gentle cycle, low dry temp.


This is a blue/white striped chambray.  I intended to make a button down shirt with it but the fabric is very thin (sheer) and I am not sure that I would wear it.  I purchased three yards.  Other than being fairly sheer, it looks like the picture.

 
This is a checked fabric that I found in the Wal-Mart precuts.  I purchased it thinking it would be nice for a pant muslin but it is much nicer than I thought it was.  I plan on making a long skirt.


This is a striped sweater knit.  It is another Wal-Mart pre-cut and there are two yards.  I plan on my a t-shirt type top or sweater.  I can not tell what type of fabric it is but I will do a burn test to check.

So, I think I have purchased enough fabric for now.  I only piece I am disappointed with is the blue/white chambray.  The website had it listed as heavy enough for shorts.  I think that they missed the boat but maybe I can find an interested blouse pattern that will work but I still want a blue/white striped button down.

Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment