Friday, September 22, 2023

Liesl & Co Classic Shirt Dress Part 2...

I have really been procrastinating on this dress.  I really have no idea why but I am sure it have something to do cutting the front of the dress to make the button tab.  Okay, I admit I can be chicken sometimes.  I kinda miss the fearless sewer that I once was. 

After careful measuring of the pattern for sitting room, I decided to add 1/2-inch to the side seams through the hem starting just below the bust dart.  I did not change the pattern but made a little template.  I have been thinking about the beautiful selvage on this fabric.  I can not think of a way to incorporate it into the dress but here is peak at it and you can see a better picture of the fabric:


So, I have been procrastinating like you would not believe.  Why is it so hard to make a cut right down the middle of a project?  I put it off for days but I finally cut it.  Here is a picture of the basted placket:

 

I stopped at this point because it is night time and black on black is really hard to see for older eyes.  I have not memory of my ability to do this when I was younger.  There are still a couple of decisions to make here and stopping to consider what is next will prevent mistakes. You know that the front placket is not the scary part of making a dress.  The sleeve placket is equally as scary.  Here is the finished plackets:


The plackets are not perfect but good enough.  The remainder of the project should be easy.  The finished dress will be the next project post.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment