Friday, September 15, 2023

Fall/Winter 2023 Sewing Plans...

 I really tried to get my sewing plans started early this year along with starting the sewing early but here it is mid-September and sewing has not started.  I kept my sewing plans small so that I could accomplish them.  I am a Seamwork member so I set my project goals as follows with the date ending 11/30/23:

1. The Octave Coat pdf pattern by Love Notions.  This one was planned way back in early July.  I need to get going on it.  Pattern needs fitting.

2.  The Liesl & Co Classic Shirt in a black/blue check.  This one has already changed from a shirt to a dress as I had a lot of fabric and I wanted to use it.  You can read my thoughts here.  I will need to add another shirt.  This fabric is stash.

3.  The Liesl & Co Classic Shirt in red/black/gray plaid.  It is already fitted.  I might as well use it. This fabric is stash.

4.  The Liesl & Co Classic Shirt in periwinkle/gray plaid shirting.  Gotta love a fitted classic shirt pattern.

5.  The Seamwork Piedra knit dress pattern in a gray jersey. This is a simple t-shirt type dress perfect for every day.  Pattern needs fitting.  This fabric is stash.

6.  The Seamwork Tia dress pattern in teal knit.  This is another simple shift type dress that is perfect for every day.  Patterns needs fitting.   This fabric is stash.

I used the bi-annual Design Your Wardrobe to assist with the process.  I no longer follow through all the steps but I follow through enough that I go through my existing fabric stash and pattern stash.  I admit the first couple of times I went through the program it was a little overwhelming.  There is a lot to think about and learn.

So, that is my plan for this season.  I think that I have left myself lots of wildcard stuff so I do not get bored.  After all, I am making three Liesl & Co Class Shirts or a variation of it.  So, half of the plan should be easy to make.  I will definitely sew on other items as well.

I am an affiliate of Seamwork.  Use this link to get 50% off the annual subscription. I do get a small commission at no cost to you.  Fifty percent off is a win-win.  There is more.  Seamwork has various classes.  Some of the classes are free with the membership and some have an additional costs.  The Learn to Sew class has an additional charge.  Click the link for the class and you get $100 off.  That's a pretty good discount.  

No comments:

Post a Comment