Tuesday, July 11, 2023

First Planned Project For Fall/Winter 2023...

The sewjo went missing for a while so I started planning projects for fall/winter.  You know I did not look toward the stash for the fabrics.  The pattern has been stashed for a while.  Here is the pattern:

This is the Octave Coat pattern by Love Notions.  When this pattern was released, I was very drawn to the jacket with the faux fur collar.  I have decided to do a relatively lightweight coat/jacket.  I have a coat for extreme cold which does not last long here.  I do not have a coat for mild weather.  I can make my own.  Here is the fabric:


This is a loopy polyester/rayon fabric.  I was very happy when this fabric arrived.  It would be great as pants/jacket/skirt.  No visible right side either.  I am considering using a solid fabric for the collar.  This is one that I recently purchased on a whim:


This is a vegan leather.  I have one yard and I do not know if that is enough for the collar.  It might work and it might not.

Here is the lining fabric:


I was sad to find out that the company that made my favorite lining is no longer in business.  This fabric is the Sunline Anti-Static Lining Fabric from JoAnn.  I purchased 2 1/2 yards.   Care is Machine Wash Cold, Line Dry.  I have not used this lining before.  Hope it is good.

I guess the next step is to do a muslin of the pattern.  I think that I might have some bits and pieces of canvas hanging around from other muslins.  I am mainly concerned with the bust placement and the sleeve size.  I want the coat to have enough ease that I can wear a sweater under it.

One thing I know for sure is that the coat muslin will not get started until I finish my summer clothes.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment