Monday, July 17, 2023

Inspiration...Tank Dress

 Are you a person who is still sewing for summer in July/August?  I do.  I get tired of my summer clothes and need a refresh.  This dress is perfect for now and into early fall.  I can see if being worn a lot.


This is the Zenergy UPF Neema Floral Dress.  Price tag: $119.00.  Details:  Lightweight, rapid-dry, moisture-wicking, four-way-stretch Neema fabric rated UPF 50+ to block both UVA and UVB rays; classic fit; sleeveless, scoop neck, on-seam pockets, front-facing high low hem, midi length;  machine wash, length is 42-inches front & 44 1/2-inches back, machine wash.

This is not an expensive dress.  I had not heard of Neema fabric before and found this article.  I have not found anyone selling yardage.  Let me know if you a fabric retailer selling yardage. 

Pattern thoughts:


This is New Look 6352.  You get two length variations and two sleeve variations.  It is suppose to be a 1 hour pattern.  It is a bargain at $3.99 even if you just make it once.


This is the dress that I thought of when I saw the inspiration dress.  This is the KISS Dress by Brensan Studios.  The KISS stands for Keep It Simple Sewing!  Unfortunately, it is OOP but you might get luck and find something,  This dress can be a pullover or more fitted with a zipper and darts.  It has two lengths - knee length and boot length.  

I have this pattern and I think I am going to take a closer look at it.  Especially, the knee version that is a little fitted or not.  Hope you are inspire to create something wonderful!

Happy Stitching!





No comments:

Post a Comment