Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Black & White Shift Dress...

 When back in March, I had an inspiration dress that I really loved.  Here is the dress:


The link above is for the post which gives the details on the dress.  Here is the fabric that I found:


Not an exact match but close enough to get the idea.  Yes, I am going to use the Butterick 6500 pattern.  It is already fitted, well mostly. I made changes to the armscye opening returning it closer to the original drafting of the pattern.  Here is a glance at the pattern cover:


I will not be lining the dress this time but I will be using a one-piece facing which gives a very clean look to the dress.  Since the facing is already drafted, I used this video to assist with the attaching and turning of the garment.  This video will work as well.  Two methods that both work well.  Here is a couple of places to find information on installing an invisible zipper - method 1 and method 2,  Invisible zipper is not needed for the dress but I like the invisible zippers.

Here is the finished dress:



Now, I just need some new accessories like a long necklace or a different pair of shoes.

Happy Stitching!



No comments:

Post a Comment