Thursday, July 6, 2023

Inspiration...Button Down Shirt

 It is time to start thinking about wardrobe addition for cooler weather and this one is a classic:


This is the Wright Button Down Cotton-Blend Shirt by Lafayette 148 New York.  Price tag: $598.00.  Details:  approximately 25-inches from shoulder to hem, spread collar, concealed button from, single button split cuff, long sleeves approximately 30 1/2-inches, back yoke, rounded hem, relaxed fit.

The cuff is very interesting.  Here is a close-up:


I like the look of this cuff.  I would have to play a bit to recreate the cuff.  If you are going to have a white shirt, why not have a fun cuff on it?

I am going to go with my standard classic shirt pattern:


This is the Classic Shirt pattern by Liesl & Co.  Changes needed would be the front placket and the cuff.  I am all for taking a pattern and using it over and over.  It reduces the amount of time on fitting and increasing the enjoyment of sewing.  Along with saving money to spend more on fabric. 

As far as the concealed button front instructions, there are links to a couple of tutorials here. The cuff, I am not sure about.  It would be an experiment.  If I decide to try and figure it out, I will post a tutorial.

Hope you are inspired to create something wonderful for your wardrobe.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment