Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Project Planning...

 It is time to really get going on planning fall/winter projects.  I have a coat project planned but I want some dresses as well.  I started with shopping the stash and this is something I really need to do instead of looking for new fabric.  Here is what the stash offered up:


This is a grey knit fabric with pinks and teals.  I think it is a jersey.  There is three yards which is plenty for a long sleeve knit dress.


This piece is three yards also.  Even though the picture looks light grey it is a dark teal color ponte roma. To me the fabric looks more like a teal and black rather than just a solid teal.

Since both pieces will allow the creation of a long sleeve dress, I need to pick a pattern.  Here are my thoughts for now:



This is the Seamwork Piedra Dress.  I am fairly certain that the grey knit was purchased with this pattern in mind.  So, I am going to attempt to fit the pattern which means even more stash fabric will disappear. 



This is the Seamwork Tai Dress & Tunic pattern.  The dark teal fabric would probably do well in this fabric.  Sigh! Another pattern that needs fitting.  

I have a time to change my mind on the patterns.  I probably will not on the grey fabric but I might on the teal. 

Fitting takes a lot of time and it is really a shame not to take advantage of making multiples of an item once it has been fitting.  Wish me luck as I have three projects planned so far and all three require the patterns to be fitted.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment