Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Merchant & Mills Camber Set Dress...

 So, I planned this project almost two years ago.  Here is the original fabric order post. Here is the fabric:


This is a linen/cotton blend which should be very nice for the hot weather.  This fabric has an interesting selvage and I am thinking about applying it somehow.  Here is the selvage:

For the pattern - Merchant & Mills Camber Set:


I have made this dress twice before (Version 1 and Version 2) and love it but realize that it is a little big for me through the shoulders.  I have modified the pattern using the tutorial at Helen's Closet and removed 5/8-inch from the shoulder.  Here is the results:


Sorry for the hanger picture but the photographer is away.  This pattern has become one of my most used patterns.  I really should do a complete refit on it is a little bit big but still very comfy.  As you can seen I chickened out on used the selvage edge on the dress.  

Happy Stitching!

Camera man returned.  Here's a picture with me:



No comments:

Post a Comment