Wednesday, June 29, 2022

New Camber Dress...

 Since I started documenting fabric purchases I have been able to see how long it takes me to use the fabric.  You know fabric buying is a hobby all to itself and it just happens to be associated with sewing.  The fabric for this dress was purchased in November 2020.  Just a year and a half ago.  I guess that is not to bad.  The Camber Set pattern was fitted in the early days of covid and kept me busy during the long days that I stayed with my parents.  I still enjoy the dress that I made in 2020 but decided it was time to make another one because the summers are hot and the dress is cool on those hot days.  Here is the fabric:


This is a 5 ounce cotton sateen.  Here is the finished dress - 3 ways:


Here it is the dress with the Rothy's loafers.  I love these shoes and wear them all the time.  The link to the Rothy's website will give you a $20 discount if you are a new purchasing customer and I will get a $20 credit.  That a win-win for both of us.


Dress with different shoes - Okabashi Breeze Flip Flops.  These shoes are really comfortable.  I do recommend this brand.  Link is for Target.


This time I added skinny belt and keep the Okabashi flip flops.  I think I like the idea of the belt.  Not so sure that that particular belt is the right one.  I have a bit of extra fabric so I will make a tie belt and see how it does.  

Most likely I will wear the dress most of the time without the belt but I do like the look of the belt a lot.  Maybe add a long necklace.  What do you think? 

The only change that I made with the version is that I added 2-inches to the length.  I will adjust the shoulder with the next version.  I was just a bit lazy this go round and wanted something new to wear.

On to my next project, if I can find the pattern.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment