Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Why Is Fabric So Enticing?

 I have tried so hard not to purchase fabric this year but it really has not worked out well for me.  I have purchased a fair amount of fabric this year.  The truth is that I purchase and plan far more than I am able to produce.  Here are the most recent acquisitions:


This is a 100% cotton and destined to become a shirt for my husband.  It will most likely be similar to the shirts I made last summer.  It is machine wash and dry.  Total yardage - 3 yards.


This is an abstract sateen fabric.  It is destined to become a summer dress.  I think it will be one of the Merchant and Mills patterns.  It is machine wash and dry.  Total yardage - 3 yards.


This is a black/grey/white abstract printed sateen.  It is destined to be a top.  Most likely one of the Merchant and Mills patterns.  The fabric is machine wash and dry.  Total yardage - 1 1/4 yards.


This is a Antique Rose/White Floral printed challis.  It is destined to be a top.  I purchased the same yardage as the abstract print above.  If I can't find a different pattern that uses the same yardage, then I will use the same Merchant and Mills pattern,. The fabric is machine wash gentle and hang to dry.  Total yardage - 1 1/4 yards.

I do try to use patterns multiple times especially when they are so expensive and I have spent time fitting them.  The Merchant & Mills patterns are well drafted and mostly simple designs which lend themselves to being used many times.

Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment