Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Shopping, Shopping, Shopping...

 I really have not done a tremendous amount of shopping this year in person.  Honestly, I would really like to use fabric in the stash but somehow I never have the right fabric.  I visited JoAnn Fabrics to purchase some little ornament kits for a friend's kids.  I try to send them things to do rather than just things.  While I was there, I decided that I would pick some more flannel.  This is what I picked out:


This was a door buster and I purchased 5 yards and they gave me 1 yard.  I don't really need 6 yards but maybe I do.  I intended to make pajamas or lounge wear from this.  As I was leaving I noticed that the Simplicity patterns were on sale, so I returned later in the afternoon and picked up a couple of patterns.  Here is the patterns I choose:


This is Simplicity 9133.  It is a simple pull over blouse  pattern with a couple of necklines and versions with and without sleeves.  I really like the versions D and E.  In looking at the pattern instructions, the same bodice pieces are used regardless of whether it has sleeves or sleeveless.  This would indicate that the sleeveless version needs the armhole raised.  


This is Simplicity 9191 or in my case R10902.  I don't know why there is a difference in the pattern.  Anyone know why that is?  This is a men's vest and jacket pattern.  From time to time, I do sew for the guys in my life and this looks like a nice pattern.  Just got confirmation that DH likes the pattern.  

Who knows I may go back tomorrow and look at some more patterns.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment