Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Fun Men's Shirt...

 Back in 2020 when the world stood still, I worked on a shirt muslin for my husband.  I even got around to make a few shirts that have been on constant rotation and get their fair share of comments.  Finding interesting fabric can be an issue.  However a year or so ago, I ran across fabric:


My husband is a beer judge and is very active in the local brewing club.  This makes the fabric perfect for him.  I will be using Simplicity 5581.  I am thinking that a wooden button will work well with this if I can locate them.  Here is the finished shirt:


The brewer had a big smile when his shirt was finished.  He was cooking when I decided to take pictures so it is a hanger shot.  Changes that I made:

1.  Added 1-inch to the length.

2. Added 1/4-inch to the side seams and sleeves.

3.  Changed the button hole placement from 4 1/4-inches to 3-inches.  

This is a great pattern if you can find a copy of it.  It is from the early 2000s.


Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment