Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Men's Shirt - Simplicity 5581

My husband picked a 2 or 3 fabrics and I have been working on Simplicity 5581.  You can see the muslin information here.  Here are the shirts:


This is a stash find.  It is a red/white seersucker.  I sent my husband to JoAnns to get the buttons.  I gave him the required size, fabric with a buttonhole in it, and told him he pick whatever he wanted but he would have to live with it.  I think he did well.  Poor guy, he had to stand in line for about an hour to get into the store.  He was not happy.


This is another stash find.  It is birds, birds, birds.  The fabric was purchased many years ago for this purpose.  I am glad that it finally became a shirt.  It is a much stiffer fabric than the red/white striped fabric. 


This is another stash find.  It is all kinds of hot peppers.  I think this fabric was something I kept from closing my store.   It is a quilting cotton.  I added an inch to the length of this one.

Conclusion:

This is a great pattern. The drafting seems very good.  The instructions were good.   If you can locate a copy of it at a reason price and you have guys in your life to sew for, you should get it.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment