Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Seamwork Natalie Muslin...

I am finally getting around to the fabric from this post on Sewing Mojo.  I am starting with the Seamwork Natalie shirtSeamwork patterns can be purchased individually or through a monthly/yearly subscription.  Using the Seamwork link will give you a $3.00 discount on the purchase of a monthly or yearly subscription.  Here is the line drawing for Natalie:

Natalie is a basic camp shirt style top which is more or less perfect for spring/summer/fall in the area that I live.  Here is my muslin:




Here is the first round.  It is just the pattern as it.  It is not bad. I chose the size by the bust (circumference). You can see that there is a bit of gapping at the armscye and a little wrinkling around the bust dart.  Both are pointing to needing a larger dart.   That is the only change I am making on this round.  I do not see any reason to make any changes to the back at this time.


I have changed the dart on the right side of the picture.  The dart increase is 3/4" which means I need to add 1 1/2 " to the length of the front.


See how nice the armscye is fitting about the bust.  My hair just keeps getting crazier.  It has gotten so long that I have been using combs to control it a little bit and to allow me to see what the collar is doing.  It looks to me like it is standing away from my neck.    I will add a 1/2" high round back adjustment.


Here's the back with the sleeves sewn in.  The sleeve is comfortable without making any changes to it.  The lengths and widths still look good here.  I do not think I need any additional changes other than what have been mentioned.  I do see the funkiness around the bottom of the armscye.  I do not know what the correction is for that.  Feel free to give me ideas for corrections.

Now I just need to move the changes to the pattern and add the extra pattern paper to make the dart changes and front length change.  I think this is going to be a very versatile top. 

Oh, there is one thing.  The sleeve actually has a lot of ease built in.  I had a lot of trouble getting sleeve eased into the armscye.  I did find one pleat.  Usually when you use the feed dogs to bring in the ease on the sleeve, the seamlines meet perfectly.  I will need to figure it out before I cut the crepe.

Hope you are inspired.

Happy Stithing!

No comments:

Post a Comment