Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Linen and a change of plans...

I ordered some linen from The Confident Stitch.  The post is here.   I was going to make another The Factory Dress.  Here's the fabric:


This is Essex Yarn-Dyed Linen in Malibou.  This is a linen/cotton blend that is machine washable.  You can see it here at The Confident Stitch.  Other suitable linen fabrics are found here at The Confident Stitch.

This fabric would have made a perfect Factory Dress.  However, I miscalculated the fabric needed and it shrink about 5" of the 2 3/4 yards purchased.  Sigh!  I has taken me a while to find the perfect pattern for the fabric but I did it.  I will be making the Seamwork Dorian in a pant length. Here's the line drawing:

This is a member only bonus.  If you click on the Seamwork link, you can see the various options for becoming a member.  If you purchase using that link you will get a $3.00 discount and I will get a small benefit at no charge to you.   Here's a link to Dorian shorts pattern, you can see a picture of the pants on the same page or go to the June magazine.

Now I need to locate the perfect royal blue woven fabric for a top to match the pants.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment