Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Dorian Pant Muslin...

This is my first Seamwork pant pattern.  I'm not sure what I expected to see with the Dorian muslin but I was pleasantly surprised.  Here's the pant made up straight from the pattern without the details:


Sorry for the belly shot but I have to be able to see the pant.  The front looks pretty good.


I see a tad of wrinkling under the seat.  I know how the fix that.


Now, I am starting see a couple of issues.  I can see pulling from the back to the front.


A little more pulling.

The changes I am going to make are:

1.  a small little dart across the seat,
2.  add a little bit of width to the front of the pant.

Here's the revisions:


Front still looks fairly good.  I took the front seam from 5/8" to 1/2" giving me an additional 1/2" across the front.


That tiny little dart (1/2" total) across the seat was all I needed to get the wrinkles to disappear.  I couldn't be happier with that.


Left side, I'm still seeing a tiny bit of pulling.  I will need to decide whether or not I can live with it.


Right side, still seeing a tiny bit of pulling.  I will need to decide whether or not I can live with it.

Overall, I really couldn't be happier with these pants.  Frankly, I would have purchased them if I had found a pair of pants that fit that well.

Happy Stitching!

PS...After looking closer at the pictures, I will add a little bit more width to the front. 

No comments:

Post a Comment