Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Blue Tank...

When I decided to make the Seamwork Dorian Pant, I knew that I would need to make a top to go with the pants.  You can see my version of the pants here.  I found this fabric at fabric dot com:


This is the Kaufman Sophia Washed Lawn in deep royal.  It is a perfect match for my pants.  I missed the fact that is was only a hair over 1 1/2 oz per yard.  I was happy that I ordered 1 1/2 yards and had enough fabric to double cut the tank.  I used this pattern:



Here is a link to the pattern - Phoebe Linen Tank.  It is a free pattern and you need to be registered to download it.  You can see the muslin here and the finished tanks here.  This pattern has kinda turned into a TNT for me.   Here's the finished tank with the Dorian pants:



The tank doesn't fit as well as I would have hoped.  At least, I don't think it fits as well as the first tanks that I made.  This was a learning experience as I have never had to cut two layers to make a top feel comfortable.  I'm hoping it will become "love to wear" item for this summer.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment