Friday, July 3, 2020

Weekly Timeless Wardrobe, Week 48

Week 48 of the Weekly Timeless Wardrobe have arrived.  You can find Week 48 here.  The introduction chart is always a good place to start if you are just now bumping into this series.  Note: as the series progresses, the chart changes a wee bit.  It should be shown on the weekly posting at the bottom.


Week 48 is a neutral print or patterned top.  Like last week, this can be any top your interested in adding - tank top, sleeveless top, button down, etc.  Time to look for great fabric to go along with those patterns that hopefully you have already fitted. 

You really should go check out the post this week.  The first top shown is really interesting.  It is not particularly expensive.  To me, it looks like a sleeveless shell.  Here's an idea for replicating:




This is the Silhouettes Sweater Set.  The sleeveless shell would be perfect for recreating.  Change would be add a seam down the center front.  Stitch the seam to wear you would be comfortable wearing it and make sure all the edges are covered with some type of tape.

Of course, I would use whatever pattern that I had alright fitted for this project. I would rather spend the money on the fabric than the pattern.

Just for more weeks of this series.  How have you done?  Did you get bored with following along or has it been helpful?  I found that I thought I was doing well but when I put the pieces together at the end of each quarter it was not as good of a mix as I would have preferred.  However, I think this is a learning process.  If like me you are use to purchasing individual pieces and hoping for the best, this has been an eye opener.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment