Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Sewing Mojo...Where did it go?

I have done very little sewing so far in 2020.  Oh, I look and dream but nothing.  I have been re-working items that were made in December. It was realized that there was a issue with tension on my machine.  There is nothing that I dislike more than redoing something. 

So, I purchased some fabric and have grand intentions.  Here's my plan:


This is a blue tencil twill.  Of the fabrics I purchased, this one is probably the most boring which means it will be the most versatile.  My intentions is to make a Seamwork Bertie shirtdress with this fabric.  Here's the line drawing:


The only change will be to make the sleeves shorter.  A muslin will be needed to check the fit.  This dress I really want.  This pattern is a members only pattern during the month of February 2020.  Here's a membership link - Seamwork.  You will get a $3.00 discount by using this link.  I will also get a small benefit at no additional charge to you.



This is a cotton/tencil stripe in blue.  My intention is to make McCalls 8031 shirtdress in view A.  Here's a peek at the pattern:


I don't believe that I need to make any changes to this but only creating a muslin will answer that question. 


This is a Rayon crepe in blue/black.  I intend to make Seamwork Natalie with this fabric.  Here's the line drawing:


This pattern will need a muslin also.  Hopefully, there will not be a need for many changes.



Thisi s a polyester jersey.  I liked colors and intend to make a t-shirt.  The pattern hasn't been determined for this yet.

I also want to add a jacket in grey to this and I need to figure out some bottoms.  All of these patterns will need a muslin.  That means that I will be using up stash fabric.  Hope you found this interesting. 

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment