Thursday, February 20, 2020

Inspiration...Animal Print Dress

The styling of this dress reminds me very much of the style dresses I wore in the 1990s. 


This is the Lafayette 148 New York Agneta Painterly Animal Print Dress. Price tag:  $1298.00.  Details:  V-neckline, short sleeves, tonal belt, a-line silhouette, side pockets, maxi length, silk with polyester lining.  For a closer look, check the Neiman Marcus website.

I don't about you but I think I could make a lot of dresses for the price tag on this one.  It is certainly a very wearable silhouette.  Here's a pattern:


This is the Seamwork Bertie dress pattern.  This is a new Seamwork pattern and it is only available to Seamwork members at this point.  Use this link to become a member - Membership and you will get $3.00 off your first month.  I also get a small benefit at no cost to you if you join.  This dress also have a variation available to members that has 3/4 length sleeve with a cuff.  The changes that I see making to this pattern is to shorten the sleeve, add length, and make a belt.  Small changes that are very doable.

I also like the idea of this dress:


This is McCall's 8031.  View A would give a similar silhouette.  The collar is different but I think it is a good match otherwise.

So many decisions.  Hope you're inspired to create something beautiful.

Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for referring to the McCall's pattern by the number and not the off putting name
    and
    I think I owned that dress in the 90's (only the print had a navy background and then, I thought it was more of an abstract floral)

    ReplyDelete