Monday, February 24, 2020

Inspiration...Chambray Skirt

Casual spring and summer skirt.  What would be your perfect skirt?  I like the looks of this skirt:


This is the Akris Chambray Faux Wrap Belted Midi Skirt.  Price tag: $895.00.  Details:  Mid-rise, belted waist with geometric buckle, a-line skirt, mock wrap front with asymetric slit, calf length, lined.  For a closer look, check out the Neiman Marcus website.

Now, I must admit that this skirt doesn't look like a mid-rise nor an a-line skirt.  To me, it look like it is a high waist and a straight skirt.  None the less, I like the look of this skirt and it is well worth taking a peek at the website mentioned above.  The skirt has an angled yoke on the front with the faux wrap angled toward the buckle.  It's an interesting skirt.  I know that I won't be able to find a pattern for this type of skirt.  So, here is my thought:


This is Vera's Skirt pattern by Silhouettes.  It a straight skirt with a button-front it would need a bit of alteration.  The back piece would need a back seam so you can put a zipper in and you need a waist band.  The front would need to a little more adjustment I would be looked to pattern making books for that.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment