Friday, May 29, 2020

Weekly Timeless Wardrobe, Weeks 42 and 43

Weeks 42 and 43 of the Weekly Timeless Wardrobe have arrived.  You can find Week 42 here and 43 here.  The introduction chart is always a good place to start if you are just now bumping into this series.  Note: as the series progresses, the chart changes a wee bit.  It should be shown on the weekly posting at the bottom. 



Week 42 is a sleeveless top in an accent color and Week 43 is a sleeveless top in an print or accent color.  Check out the variety of styling in the tops shown in these two posts.  There are many ideas here for different types of tops.

If you go back to Week 40 I have listed several sleeveless top patterns.  The Phoebe Tank pattern is one that I have previously fitted - here and here.  I added a dart, rotated it out to the hem, and then restored the silhouette.  However, I could have just as easily transferred the dart to the neckline and converted it to gathers.  That would be a different look but with the same fitting.  I wish I had traced the pattern now instead of doing all the work on the same pattern.  I would use a drapier fabric for that style of tank.

How many sleeveless tops do you need in a wardrobe?  I have two that I have made and a few that I purchased.  However, the purchased can not be worn alone as the armholes are too big and show more of me than I am comfortable with.  Isn't that the reason we sew?  

How is your spring/summer wardrobe coming along?  Mine is slowly shaping up with a mix of purchased and me-made items.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment