Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Allegro Short Skirt...

 I have really enjoyed the Allegro Bottoms pattern.  The pant has been made multiple times.  I decided to start with the short skirt.  Here is my version:


This skirt was suppose to be the muslin made from an inexpensive Wal-mart find.  I made it without the pockets as the skirt that I was intending to make would not have pockets.  

Here is where I started:

1.  Skirt size 18 or 20.

2.  1/2-inches decrease at the center front.

3.  Added 1 1/2-inches to the length (I knew that I did not want a short skirt).

Here is where I ended up:

1.  I took 5/8-inch seams instead of the 3/8-inch seams.

2.  Took an additional 1 1/2-inches from the center front to get the skirt to hang straight.

3.  After seeing the length with the 1 1/2-inch addition, I decided that I did not want the shirt any shorter.  I cut a 3-inch band following the hem edge of the pattern.  Stitching it on with a 1/2-inch seam seam.  Pressed a 1/2-inch seam on the opposite edge then met the to the seam.  Topstitches both edges.  This left a 1-band to add a little bit of weight to the hem edge and added 1/2-inch to the skirt.  

Conclusions:

1.  This is a quick, easy pattern for a nice skirt.  

2.  Definitely a keeper to repeat in the future.

3.  I think a drapier fabric would work a little better although it does state that linen will work.  

If you're looking for a pattern that does a lot, Love Notions Allegro bottoms does a lot.  Fit the pant, fit the skirt and you can make pants, capris, shorts, long or short skirt.  


I did wear happily the skirt as shown in the picture but I do not know if I will wear the white tank with the skirt again.  The tank is one of my favorites but I feel like I need a different neckline or maybe even just a different style top with more volume. 

Happy Stitching!



No comments:

Post a Comment