Monday, July 10, 2023

Inspiration...Button-Down Jacket

 Have you been thinking about cooler weather items yet?  I have.  This jacket would be nice as part of a suit or by itself.  

This is the Button-Down Wool-Cashmere Jacket by Lafayette 148 New York.  Price tag: $1498.00.  Details:  Approximately 22 1/2-inches from shoulder to hem, mandarin collar, button front, dropped shoulders, long sleeves, side welt pockets, boxy fit, fully lined, metallic buttons.  Model is 5'10".  If you want a closer look, check it out at Neiman Marcus website.

When I saw this jacket, I immediately thought of this pattern:


This is an OOP pattern by Textile Studio Patterns.  If you can find a copy of the pattern, these are the changes that I see:

1. Modify collar so that there is a gap.

2.  Add welt pockets.

3.  Add lining.

4. Lengthen sleeves.

That is not a bad list of changes.  Honestly, I think that the first one will be the hard one.  It could be the second item on the list.  Maybe I will re-visit this pattern.

Hope you are inspired to create something wonderful.

Happy Stitching!



No comments:

Post a Comment