Thursday, September 14, 2023

Liesl & Co Classic Shirt or Dress - Part 1...

 As I continue to work on reducing the stash (yes, I know it is a laughable thought), I pulled out this fabric:


This picture seems rather dull but I assure you it is royal blue and black check.  I had originally purchased it for a shirt but when I measured I have almost 3 2/3 yards.  I think there is enough for a pop over shirt dress.   I have been looking at the instructions on the Liesl & Co blog here

I had my husband measure from the edge of one of my previous Classic Shirts to where I wanted the hem to be located.  He stated it was 15-inches but I am going to make it 16-inches. I need an additional yard of fabric over what the pattern states for the shirt.  This might be close. I guess the pattern pieces will need to be adjusted and then checked with the existing fabric.  I will want the yoke and the placket on the bias.  It is easier to do than attempting to match everything.

Here is the pattern work:


Here you can see where I added a section.  This was added at the shorten or lengthen line.  I ended up adding 14 1/2-inches because when I pulled out the pattern it had 2-inches folded up.  Being a little long is never bad and generally much easier to fix than being too short.


On this photo, you can see where I added the line for the popover dress.  It is the third line from the right or first line on the left.  Sorry for the bad photo.  It is really hard to get pictures of this sort of thing when most every line is faint.


This is all the pieces that I have added "cut on the bias" lines.  

I think that the pattern work is finished.  Now, it is time to get the fabric pressed, pattern laid out, and cut.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment