Friday, September 1, 2023

Itch To Stitch Taroko Skirt Muslin...

 Back in July, I decided to indulge in another pattern.  It was the Itch to Stitch Taroko Skirt pdf pattern.  It seemed like a good basic skirt to have in the collection.  Here is the line drawing:


It is a basic a-line skirt with front princess seams.  You can make it with or without the pockets and with or without the belt loops.  My version will be made without the belt loops.  This skirt sits at the natural waist and it has been a long time since I have made a skirt that sits that high.  Here is what I did:

1.  Printed a straight size 18.  

2.  Added 2-inches of length.

3.  Added 1/2-inch of play room at the side seams.

I am proud to say that I found a piece of fabric that was just large enough to cut out this skirt with the changes that I am making.  Sometimes, the stash delivers.  The fabric is a dark khaki twill and should be a good basic.  Here are the results:


Overall, I am very happy with this skirt.  I did press it before the picture but I think it needs a trip through the washer/dryer and pressed again.  I hope the fold lines come out.  I suppose it is possible that it was folded too long in the stash.  

As far as the changes to the pattern, #3 was not needed.  This surprised me as I thought I would need a bit more room in the waist.  As far as #2, I think I may have added a little too much length for this skirt.  I will probably leave it when I make a skirt for winter as I can wear tall boots with it happily.  

I think this is the last of my summer sewing. I had another top that I wanted to make but by the time I get a muslin done the warm weather may be gone.  It is time to start fall/winter sewing.

I am an Itch to Stitch affiliate.   Any purchases made through a link on this page will result in a small commission to me at no cost to you.  

Happy Stitching!



No comments:

Post a Comment