Tuesday, January 2, 2024

A Look Back At 2023 Sewing...

 As I look back at my sewing for 2023, I found that I did not do much sewing.  My sewjo really took at vacation.  It did slow down my purchasing both fabric and patterns. Here is what I found:

Most sewn patterns:

1.  Fabrics-store dot com Phoebe Tank.  This is easily the most sewn pattern I have ever owned and it was free.  

2.  Love Notions Allegro Bottoms.  This is a great elastic waist pant pattern with pockets.

3.  Liesl & Co Classic Shirt pattern.  This is a great basic.  Designer has tons of information on the website about this pattern.  Definitely will change over to short sleeves for spring.

Most loved patterns:

1.  Merchant & Mills The Camber Set.  I have made this dress multiple times.  Quick and easy.  The dress that I made this year with it was a linen blend.  The linen was definite perfect for the pattern.

2.  Itch to Stitch Taroko Skirt.  This is another great basic.  This is not as quick and easy as item 1 but still a good one. 

Most disliked item that I made:

1.  Blue-gray Phoebe tank.  Not sure why I did not love this top.  I thought for sure that I would love this but the fabric was a little different with this one and I just did not find myself reaching for it very often. In fact, everything else had to be dirty for me to even considerate it.  

2023 Sewing Reflection:

I realized that I did not do as much non-apparel sewing as I had intended in 2023.  As much as I love sewing apparel, other things are more creative. Maybe that was what caused the sewjo vacation.  I also realize that I did not come close to accomplishing my list of goals that I made for 2023.   All I can do is keep trying.


How did your 2023 sewing end up for you?  Were you happy with what you accomplished?  

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment