Thursday, January 4, 2024

Sewing Related Christmas Gift Part 1...

 I received a surprise sewing related gift for Christmas.  I do not remember noticing this book before:


 There may or may not be ulterior motives with this gift but I do enjoy sewing for my husband.  If you are looking for menswear patterns, this book has several - long sleeved shirt, short sleeved shirt, trousers, jacket, boxer shorts, pajamas, house coat, slippers, messenger bag, wallet, bow tie, cravat, and flat cap.  There is enough here to create a wardrobe.

It might be fun to compare the patterns in this book to other patterns that I have collected.  I have the Silhouette Patterns George's Shirt pattern which is a classic men's dress shirt.  I have the Liesl & Co Alvalade Men's Trousers pattern.  I have not attempted either pattern.  

You can see some of the shirts that I have made for my husband - here. Those were made using an older Simplicity pattern and using measurements from RTW to determine the size.  I do enjoy sewing for my husband.  He is willing and happy to wear funky prints.  

I guess if I am really going to work on sewing something for my husband that I should get some measurements.  There is a basic measurement chart in the book but it is just a starting point.  Posture affects fit a lot and that generally is done by draping.  

I will share anything this gets made.  Somethings might be modeled by my husband and/or my son.  I do sew for both but generally it is pajamas that get made the most.

Did you get any sewing related items for Christmas?

Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment