Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Slipcovers Started...

 Last year sometime, I made "patterns" for the cushions on one of the items that I was going to slipcover.  Unable to locate them, I made new.  Here are the "patterns" with notes about each cushion:


 This is the back piece.


This is the seat cushion piece.

Here is the pieces cut:


Back cushion.  I had already sewn the zipper and the sides before taking the picture.


Bottom cushion.  It is ready to sew.

Piping:


I am hoping that the piping that is made will make at least one cushion.  My machine is having issues.  After sewing the items above, it kept telling me that it needed to rest.  I have not seen this message before and it was happening every two or three inches at the end of the evening of sewing.  I haven't sewn much with this machine since the last time I had it serviced.  The answer to the issue was a simple cleaning in the bobbin area.

Here are the pieces sewn:


Whew! The easy part is over.  I made my fair share of mistakes working on this.  I had to recut the cushions front/back because I forgot to add the seam allowances.  Dumb mistake but it happens with this type of work.  The cushion front/backs are being used for piping.  I am going for as little waste as possible.

Now, I need to figure out the main chair slipcover.  There is a lot of pleats that need to be figured out and a lot piping.  Hopefully, the 80 yards of piping that I purchased will be enough to complete the chair and loveseat.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment