Wednesday, January 31, 2024

A Little Planning...

 Last year when I was putting away my spring and summer items, I took the time to write down what I had.  I was very surprised at how long the list was.  Here's my list:

  • 11 dresses
  • 2 skirts
  • 6 pants
  • 7 tank tops
  • 2 woven shirts
  • 3 knit tops
This is just the items that I packed away.  There are more knits tops, jeans (many), pants, etc.  Why do I need so many clothes?  Even with the number of clothes that I have, there are days that I can not figure out what to wear.  Things that I specifically do not have is appropriate funeral attire and dressy get together stuff.  

In looking at the list, I think I need to concentrate on some woven tops.  I have pants that would qualify as "dressy" but I lack the top to finish the outfit.  Maybe it is time to really weed out the closet and take more stuff out.  I am hoping that the stash will yield appropriate fabric.  

In this post, I talked about making another dress and a skirt.  I do intend to make both of those items.  I few woven tops/blouse would benefit my wardrobe. Stash patterns that I am considering:
This is just a few of my patterns.  Some of these tops lean toward the very casual and some of them are a little more dressy so that the fabric will make the top speak.  The part that slows me down is that they all need fitting.  I think I have a muslin of the melody dolman already made but I do not remember what size I chose.

This year I opted not to participate in the Seamwork Design Your Wardrobe class.  I have worked through the  parts of the class I wanted to through the last 3 or 4 years.  I tend to make long lists of things to complete and do not need the added pressure this year of trying to do too much.  I want to let my creative soar a little bit and sew more than clothes.  The Design Your Wardrobe class is really good to make yourself look at what you need in your wardrobe.  It really helped me to focus more on the fabric in my stash.  I will continue to do that this year.  The stash feels like a wasted resource.  It does yield up fabric for muslins and more.  There is just too much fabric.  

I am working on my slipcovers right now but I am ready to work on something else for a day or two. I think I will pick on of the patterns above and make or redo a muslin to check the fit.

I am an Itch to Stitch and Seamwork affiliate.  Any purchases made via the above links will result in a small commission.  Thank you!

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment