Monday, January 29, 2024

Inspirtion...Sleeveless Top

I almost exclusively wear sleeveless items in the summer.  Otherwise, I feel like I am melting.  Here is a great sleeveless option:


This is the Pleated Cotton Popeline Blouse by Akris Punto.  Price tag: $595.00.  Details:  kent collar, concealed button front, sleeveless, elongated back, side slits, hip length, features pleating.  Here is a gander at the back:


This is a great little top.  I can see that being worn a lot.  How to make?  I would start with this pattern:


This is the Classic Shirt pattern by Liesl & Co.  Changes would need to be made but that is a good thing when you have a basic shirt pattern.  You can fit one and make it many times.  Things I could change:

1.  Make it sleeveless.  This would entail raising the armscyce and probably narrowing the sleeve. 

2.  Concealed placket. Tutorial here.

3. Add tucks/pleats to front and back.  Tutorial here.  Note that the tucks/pleats are released around the waist.

4.  Straighten hem and perhaps lengthen.

Hope you are inspired to create something wonderful.

Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment