Monday, January 1, 2024

2024 Project Lists...

 I did not do some well with my 2023 project list.  I finished about half of it.  I guess that is an accomplishment in itself, right?  My thoughts for 2024 are:

  1.  Make clothing only as needed.  I know that sounds odd but the last couple of years I feel like I was making myself sew clothes as in 6-8 items for spring/summer and 6-8 items for fall/winter.  I think this year I want to be more intentional with my sewing.  Make it if I need it.
  2. Make at least one non-garment item each month.  This might not be doable.  Maybe some months I will be more done than other months.  It just needs to be fun. 
  3. Finish 1 or 2 or 3 unfinished items.  If I do not finish them, they will end up in the trash should something happen to me.  
  4. Purchase as little fabric as possible.  I have so much fabric that I could open my own store.  It will not happen.  I need to really evaluate the fabric that I have.  I loved it when I bought it. I just tend to over plan.
  5. Purchase patterns only if I really need it.  At this stage of my life, I do not need anything fancy.  I tend to wear a lot of dresses/skirts when the weather is hot and more pants when the weather is cooler.  I own hundreds of patterns and it is hard to let go but I have started.  Go check out my Destashify store.  Maybe you will find something good.
  6. Work on fitting some of the patterns that I already have.  It will reduce stash and keep me busy.
This year's project list is definitely less defined than last year's project list.  Maybe that will keep the creative juices flowing and the machines purring.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment