Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Contemporary Kimono...It's Done!

This jacket took longer than I thought that it would.  Life kinda got in the way of any sewing.  Just so you can keep you with what I'm doing, here are the previous posts on this subject:

1.  Inspiration...Kimono Jacket
2.  Comtemporary Kimono...The Planning
3.  Contemporary Kimono...The Time Had Come to Start
4.  Contemporary Kimono...Stitching Complete on the Main Body

Finished Kimono:



I did make a change and it is minor.  After reading through the directions for the sleeve band, I decided to double it.  I just felt that the double layer would stitch a bit better given that I had no intention of putting interfacing on the bands.

Details:

1.  Needles used for hand stitching were Size 24 Cross Stitch Needle.
2.  Thread was DMC Size 8 Pearl Cotton.  I used 1 spool.

Advice:

1.  Pay very close attention to the layout information or you will not have enough fabric.
2.  Decide before sewing the pieces together how you want your seams finished.  In some cases, it's better to finish before stitching together.  In other cases, it's better to wait till your finished.

Hope you are inspired to create something beautiful.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment