Monday, February 23, 2015

Spring Wardrobe Thoughts...

I had mentioned earlier about joining in on the 6-pac Spring Sew-along.  I haven't even made any plans yet but here are the items in the list:

1. Jacket or covering layer in a mid-to-dark neutral
2. Jacket or covering layer in another or lighter neutral or favorite color
3. Bottom in the same mid-to-dark neutral
4. Bottom in a second neutral
5. Top in one of the neutrals or a "white"
6. Top in your favorite color or a print that mixes

Sounds pretty basic doesn't it?  But where to start?  I suppose the best place to start is the existing stash of fabric and patterns.  I have been purchasing new items recently and really need to think about using as much of it as I can.  So, with that being said, here's a list of patterns that I am going to consider:

1.  Silhouette Yoga pant (in stash)
2.  Silhouette Yoga skirt (in stash)
3.  Silhouette Sweater Set (in stash) for one or both of the tops.  T-shirt style. Perhaps a cardigan, also.
4.  Silhouette Classic Blouse (in stash). This is a maybe.  It depends on #3.
5.  Silhouette Shelia's Jacket (in stash).  I've had issues with this one in the past.  Peggy sent me a corrected draft.  I just need to try it again.

Ok, the patterns seem to settled and it looks like it is Silhouettes all the way.  I don't think there will be much of an issue with the yoga skirt.  It just has to fit my high hip.  All the remaining items will need to be fitted.  Happily, this will use up stash as I will not purchase anything to make a muslin.

Now, I'm off to see what is in the stash that will work for muslins and the actual garments.  I'm hoping to not purchase anything but a stash doesn't always carry the colors you're looking for. This should keep me busy for a few days.

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment