Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pillow Cover Completed...

The trapunto pillow cover is finally completed.  Here are some pictures:

Here's the new pillow cover before it was washed. See how pointy the corners are.  This is when I realized that I forgot to adjust for the dogears.


Here's the pillow cover after the dogear adjustment and being washed.  I looks like I could done more than 1/2" adjustment but I do not plan on making any additional changes to this pillow cover.  I don't have a picture of the back but it has a lapped zipper application as shown in this tutorial.

I'm happy with my first attempt at machine trapunto.  As far as a technique for our monthly sewing get together, I would call this a success.  Both of us finished our projects.  This is a technique I would like to revisit for other projects.  I'm even happy with my second attempt at doing free motion quilting. I can't remember if I said anything about my first free motion quilting attempt but I wasn't sure that I would ever revisit the free motion quilting after I did it.

If you're interested in attempting the machine trapunto, this post  talks a bit about technique with links to how-to sources.  This post shows my work on the pillow case.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment