Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Stitching, Stitching, Stitching...Working on the Love Notions Octave Coat

 I am slowing getting my planned projects going for fall/winter.  The next project is the Love Notions Octave Coat.  The pattern and instructions have been printed.  Next, will be taping the pattern together.  That is the down fall of a pdf pattern but you can print it as many times as you need which is a plus.  I noticed this past week that the pattern had been updated.  As far as I can tell the change is adding a new lapel.  Then, I saw that there was a new class for the Octave Coat available.  So it was a yes please, I will take that class.  Another benefit is that by taking the class you get instructions for making a zipped version of the coat.  

This will probably be a slow sew for me.  I never seem to get things done quickly any more.  Even when it should be a quick project.  Just does not happen.  However, the weather has decided to cool off and I really meant for this to be done before that happened.  I am not planning for this to be a heavy coat more like an intermediate coat as the fabric is a suiting weight.  This will be the first coat that I can remember making.  I hope it goes well.

How has your sewing been going?  Have you made a coat before?  How did it turn out?

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment