Thursday, November 16, 2023

Inspiration...Sleeveless Dress

 Oh, those 70s styles.  I do not actually remember this type of dress in the 70s but I was doing my own thing back then.  Here is a super cute dress:


This is the Akris 70's Inspired Wool Short Dress. Price tag: $1990.00. Details:  double-faced wool, round neckline, sleeveless, concealed back zip, worked in waist belt, hem fails above the knee, a-line silhouette, lined with viscose/silk.

An exact pattern will never be found of this beauty but I did think of this pattern:


This is an older Vogue pattern. It is from 1996 and View C bodice with View B skirt would give you a great likeness to the inspiration photo.  Now, you know how old some of my patterns are.  Yes, this pattern does include the lining information.  

If you check Neiman Marcus for the dress, be sure to zoom in so that you can see some of the details.  The above pattern does have a waistline so it would be possible to duplicate the "worked in waist belt".  Also, there are other dresses in similar silhouettes made in different materials.  Well, worth your time to explore.  Really if we are going to duplicate RTW, then go high end.  

Hope you are inspired to sew something beautiful for yourself.

Happy Stitching!

(Be sure to check my Destashify store. I am uploading new patterns monthly. Really it is hard to give up my collection as it gives me great joy but it is time for someone else to enjoy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment