Thursday, November 30, 2023

Inspiration...Midi Shirtdress

 Springtime inspiration continues:


This is the Faux-Wrap Cotton-Line Midi Shirtdress by Lafayette 148 New York.  Price tag: $1,198.00. Details:  Approximately 50-inches from shoulder to hem, surplice neckline with spread collar, short sleeves, waist self-tie, on-seam pockets, hem fails below the knee, a-line silhouette, cotton-linen fabric, unlined, machine wash cold.   For reference, model is 5'10".

I love this dress.  I really wish I had the ability to see it in person so I could feel the fabric. It should be easy to care for.  I looked around a bit for fabric.  Vogue Fabric has a little bit of linen/cotton from Tori Richards in a print.  Stonemountain & Daughter Fabrics had a huge selection of cotton/linen fabrics.  There could be fabric substitutions since this particular blend seems hard to locate in the US.

Now for the pattern, I have found an almost duplicate of the dress:

This is Butterick 5030 and View D is the look.  This is a wrap dress and not a faux wrap dress.  So how do you get the faux wrap.  I found this discussion on changing a wrap dress to a faux wrap dress.  Maybe it will be of use.  Hope you are inspired to create something beautiful.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment