Monday, November 20, 2023

Inspiration...Colorblock Tunic

 Springtime inspiration is continuing.  This is an interesting tunic:


This is the Cotton Popeline Colorblock Kodak-Stripe Tunic by Akris Punto.  Price tag: $695.00.  Details:  Kent collar, button front closure, 3/4 sleeves, dropped shoulders, front patch pocket, rounded hem, relaxed fit.  Here is a look at the back: 

The back has an interesting pleat.  It looks like it comes down from the collar seam and opens just below the shoulder blades.  In looking at the front, I can also see a hidden button placket.  Be sure to zoom in the left side where the pocket is.  It is an interesting shape and perfectly matched the pattern.

As far as patterns, I think I would be tempted to try the Liesl & Co Classic Shirt but I am not sure how to get the "oversized" look correct.  I am sure it is more than making the next size larger.  The Seamwork Rachel (affililate) has a back that is drafted with the pleat.  Here is the line drawing:



For those wondering what a Kent collar is, it is a standard business collar.  Yes, I had to look it up to make sure there was not something special about it.  

Do you know of a better pattern for this?  Let me know if you do.

Happy Stitching!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment