Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Inspiration...Jacket + Skirt

 Today's inspiration is for those who like to dress up.  I love this look:


This is Akris Yarn Dyed Cotton Short Jacket.  Price tag: $2990.00.  Details:  70s inspiration, round neck, button front, long sleeves with button cuffs, front patch pockets, hip length, relaxed fit, fabric - cotton/nylon/polyamide/elastine, lining - cupro.

This is Akris Pencil Skirt with Side Slits.  Price tag: $995.00.  Details: high rise, side zip closure, hem hits around the knee, a-line silhouette, side slits, fabric - cotton/nylon/polyamide/elastine, lining - viscose/elastine.  

This is like the perfect suit in the 80s and maybe the early 90s.  I suppose I was too young in the 70s to have notice this type of dressing. I would have thought that it was old lady stuff. I am an old lady now and would love to be wearing this minus those heels.

I do not think I can locate a good skirt pattern for this.  You will really have to dig back into the 80s/90s patterns to come close.  The jacket pattern is easy:

This is Vogue 7975 and it is an available pattern on the Simplicity site.  Easy peasy, right?  You will need to add a hidden placket to the front and add cuffs to the sleeves but it is all doable.  Hope you are inspired to create something beautiful.

Happy Stitching!




No comments:

Post a Comment