Friday, October 19, 2018

New Pencil Skirt...

I always need a few skirts in the wardrobe and for me it's almost always a pencil skirt.  Back in August, I did an inspiration post on Classic Pencil Skirt.  I don't always get around to making anything from the inspiration post but I'm working harder on creating items.  Here's my latest pencil skirt:



I did not use the skirt mentioned in the above referenced inspiration post.  Instead, I used a pattern from my stash - The Magic Pencil Skirt by Pamela's Patterns.  This is the third time this year that I have used this pattern.  The first time was a knit herringbone fabric.  The second time was an Alabama Chanin inspired skirt make with a 100% cotton jersey.  Both of these skirts were made in a size Medium.  The first skirt feels a little bit.  The second skirt is huge and needs to be taken apart and resewn.

I made this black pencil skirt with a stretch woven from JoAnn's.  I'm not generally a huge fan of JoAnn's but I do shop there as my local fabric places are JoAnn's, Walmart, and Hobby Lobby.  The fabric is fantastic.  I only purchased a yard with the intentions of making the Magic Pencil Skirt. If I thought any of it was left, I would go back and purchase the remainder on the bolt.  This skirt is smaller than the previous two skirts by at least an inch and it fits well.  I don't think I will be holding it up so it doesn't fall down like I do on skirt #2.  The only thing I would do differently is make the high waist version and maybe make it a little bit longer.  I do have some stretch denim that would work well and be a bit more casual for every day life.

Just an FYI, I would never style this skirt with that top.  If I were tucking in a top, I would make sure there was enough fabric to blouse out a bit.  I might wear the boots.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment