Monday, August 6, 2018

Inpiration...Classic Pencil Skirt

Ah, the classic pencil skirt!  I've been sewing this type of skirt since I joined the work force in the  mid-80s.  There was a time when I could whip a lined pencil skirt out in about 2-hours and I was really good with the blind hem stitch.  I probably couldn't do it today.


This is the Tula Nouveau Crepe Wool Pencil Skirt by Lafayette 148 New York.  It is a very classic pencil skirt.  This particular skirt is made from wool.  Price tag: $298.00.  This can be viewed at Neiman Marcus.

This particular skirt is straight and doesn't appear to have a kick pleat.  I have found a pattern that has the very same silhouette:

Here's the line art and you will see what I mean:


The skirt is perfect or at least I think so.  The other pieces in the pattern are just a bonus.  I do like the pull over and the tank.  This is Vogue 9286.

Hope you're inspired to sew.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment