Monday, August 27, 2018

Inspiration...Relaxed Blouse

Fall/Winter is coming.  I'm not sure how to dress in the climate I'm in now for winter.  Last winter, there wasn't much need to warm winter clothes.  I had no need of 2 or 3 layers but I think I still would like to update the wardrobe a bit.  I found this blouse:


It's the Roxy Double Georgette Blouse with Knit Cuffs by Lafayette 148 New York.  Price tag: $498.00.  It made from a silk double Georgette fabric and dry clean only. 

Does this blouse look familiar?  It looks very much like the Butterick pattern that I purchased in July:

I think it's the neckline that really matters here but the three changes that I see would be to change the woven cuff to a knit cuff, delete the sleeve slit, and lengthen the top portion of the top to the length you want.  Of course, you could just leave the elastic and the peplum.

How about the fabric?  Do you think you need the silk double georgette to recreate the look?  This is a fabric that I have never sewn with.  The fabric can be found a Mood for around $25/yard.  I found a rayon crepe that I thought would work, also.

What are your thoughts on this top? 

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment