Monday, August 20, 2018

Inspiration...Long-Sleeve Tee

The long-sleeve tee is a basic.  Depending on the fabric used, it can dressy or casual.  Here's the Eileen Fisher version:


The Long-Sleeved Tee is a classic tee with flat styling.    Price tag:  $98.00.  This version is made with a Viscose/Lycra blend. I think is a classic fabric used by Eileen Fisher for knit garments.

I'm sure that I will need some new long-sleeve tees in my wardrobe for fall and winter.  I do not have a tee-shirt pattern fitted currently but I do have several patterns. I think it is time to try fitting another pattern.  I have a couple of patterns in my pattern stash.  One is this Silhouettes pattern:


It has been my stash for a long time and I haven't tried it.  It appears to be a very versatile pattern.  There is cardigan, a sleeve-less top, and a long sleeved top.

The next pattern is a much older pattern from the defunct pattern company - Stretch & Sew:


This is #333 T-Shirt Collection.  I have made the View A of this pattern many times.  If you can find it, it is a good pattern.

Do you make your own t-shirts?  Do you like the fit better than RTW?  What patterns have you had success with?  What is your favorite fabric to make a tee?

Hope you're inspired to sew something beautiful!

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment