Sunday, October 7, 2018

Serger Solutions Class...

A just finished the Serger Solutions: Trouble Shooting Techniques class at Craftsy/Bluprint.  This was a real eye opener for me.  I currently own a Juki MO-1000 4/3/2 serger.  When I purchased it a couple of years ago, I thought that I wouldn't have any difficulty not having a computerized machine.  I was wrong.  I have never owned a serger where I had to determine the setting on the differential feed.  Yes, this is my third serger but I went from Bernette Funlock 4/3 serger without differential to a Husqvarna Huskylock 936.  The 936 had everything. Oh, you could change the setting but when you selected the fabric type and/or stitch, it automatically changed the settings for you.  Yeah, I was a bit spoiled.

I need to play with my serger a little more.  I feel like I have a better understanding of the differential feed and will be able to correct some issues I've been having with it when sewing knit fabrics.  Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of other things to learn in this particular class.  I will be watching/listening again as there is a ton of information and I have no doubt that it will take a bit for all of it to sink in.

The link above is directly to the class at Craftsy.  However, you can also watch it on Bluprint.  Here's the link - 7 day FREE trial on Bluprint.

Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment