Thursday, April 26, 2018

Kitchen Towels...

Last year, I purchased a bolt of toweling with in intent on making new towels for my kitchen in Pennsylvania then life changed.  I will probably still make some towels for myself but for now I made 6 towels for my son who is moving into his first apartment soon.  I hope he likes his towels.  Here they are:


It really can't get easier to make towels using toweling.  Just ironing the hems and stitching them down. 

During the process of pressing the hems, there was a bit of excitement at my house.  I have an older Rowenta Pressure Iron & Steamer.  I know many people have had issues with this iron but the one I have is around 12 to 15 years old and has always worked well.  Anyway, getting back to the pressing of the hems for the towels, I was taking my time pressing taking many breaks.  I kinda forgot about my iron after finishing the last towel.  All the sudden, there was a loud pop and lots of steam.  Really scared me!  I quickly unplugged the iron and give it a little bit of time to cool.  My husband comes home and I explain to him what happened.  He takes the iron apart, checks the tank, declares it ok to use, resets the tank so that it is no longer at an angle, cleaned the tank, and gives it back to me.  I HAVE NOT TRIED IT.  I'm a little scared of it.  He assures me that it is okay to use.  What would you do?  I did purchase another iron but it isn't the same as the old Rowenta.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment