Monday, April 30, 2018

Inspiration..Capris

How to you feel about Capris?  I kinda waffle back and forth on them.  They have to hit in the right spot to work.   However here is some Eileen Fisher capris:


These are available at Neiman Marcus and the name is Eileen Fisher Slim Crepe Capri Pants.  Price tag $158.00.

If I were buying these, they would be the graphite color and I found the almost perfect fabric at Mood:


This is just $17.99/yard.  I would think 2 yards would be enough fabric to make a pair of capris.  There isn't much of this color left.    I just checked the fabric content and it is wool.  Maybe this isn't a perfect fabric for summer but the color is good.  Anyone know of another resource for stretch crepe?

Now, let's look at the pattern.  This is a slim yoga pant styling.  I know Silhouette Patterns get a lot of positive reviews for the regular Yoga Pant:


However, the new Slim Yoga Pant might be a better match to the silhouette of the inspiration photo:


This pattern does have seaming down the back of the leg which is also different than the inspiration photo.   The first yoga pant pattern would match that.

I'm going to definitely give this capri thought for my summer/fall wardrobe.  I like the idea of it.  It would give me something different to wear besides skirt in the hot summer.  The question is would this type of fabric be good for hot weather or would it be better to use a stretch twill.  So many things to think about.  Of course, there is the issue of time.  I always have more ideas than time to do.

What are your thoughts on this type of capri?  Would using the crepe be too dressy for everyday running around or is this more work appropriate?  Are capris work appropriate? I've been out of the day-to-day work force for a long time.

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment