Thursday, April 19, 2018

Basic Pencil Skirt Revisited....

So, I finally got to wear the basic pencil skirt that was made in the Alabama Chanin style.  I loved the skirt!  It is very comfortable.  However, the fabric grew throughout the day and by mid-afternoon I was afraid that I was going to lose the skirt.  Obviously, this is a fabric issue.  What I don't know is if this is typical of the jersey fabric.  I have always worn jersey as a top fabric and never noticed excessive growth in a top.  With that in mind, I will be taking the skirt apart and reducing the circumference.  Thankfully, this will be fairly easy.   The hand stitching is easy to remove.

Thoughts on the fabric?  It was 100% cotton jersey in a light weight.  Could it be the weight of the fabric?  I have located a source of a heavier weight jersey.  I just need to order and give it try.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment